NívelIniciante a Intermédio
Tipo de bicicletaMontanha
Distância diáriaCerca de 50km
Altimetria diária500m a 600m
- The Tour
- Description summary:
- What's included:
Duration: 6 days
Availability: 16th to 21st of May
Suitable for: Mountain bike
Level: Beginner to Intermediate riders
Ride type: 5 riding days, with average of 50km per day, and 500 to 600 daily accumulated meters
Ride by the natural “Vicentina” park, towards south, and discover the beautiful beaches, viewpoints, fauna and flora of this protected area. A bike tour in the sunny Alentejo and Algarve coastline, suited for every type of rider, where you’ll have the time to relax in the beaches, soak in the atmosphere and unwind in this peaceful and quiet region.
We will meet you in our Lisbon warehouse to provide you with a detailed briefing for your tour, hand you over the GPS with preloaded tracks, detailed routebook and all the gear and support. After the private briefing and bike fit, you can start riding south on the same day or the next day. The following days you will be riding south to Arrábida Sierra, Setúbal, Tróia, Sines and then enter the Vicentina Natural Park, discovering most beautiful coastline in the country, by Vila Nova de Milfontes, Zambujeira do Mar, Odeceixe, Aljezur, Carrapateira, exploring the beautiful viewpoints, gastronomy and beaches in the area. Arriving in Sagres, you will end your adventure with a high note, at the southernmost point of Portugal.
Day 0: Meeting at our warehouse in Lisbon for private briefing;
Day 1 - 16th of May: Lisbon - Setúbal ( option to take the train to Azeitão) or start riding right away;
Night in three star hotel in Setúbal;
Day 2 - 17th of May: Setúbal - Sines ( 79km);
Night in three star hotel in Sines;
Day 3 - 18th of May: Sines - Vila Nova de Milfontes ( 35km)
Night in three star hotel in Vila Nova de Milfontes;
Day 4 - 19th of June: Vila Nova de Milfontes - Aljezur (58km)
Night in three star hotel in Aljezur;
Day 5 - 20th of May: Aljezur - Carrapateira (35km);
Night in three star hotel in Carrapateira;
Day 6 - 21st of May: Carrapateira - Sagres ( 30km);
End of tour ( optional night in Sagres)
- 5 nights in charm hotels in the Vicentina natural park, breakfast included, in double accommodation;
- Private briefing and bike fit upon your arrival at our Lisbon warehouse, on the starting day or day before the ride;
- Road book with suggestions of restaurants and attractions during your tour;
- 1 GPS with previously loaded tracks, adapted to your riding experience ( 1 GPS per 4 pax);
- 6 day mountain or touring bike rental included;
- Bike helmet and other gear (tire levers and spares);
- Portuguese cell-phone for 24hour assistance, GPS tracking and contact with the local crew;
- Rear rack with 2X20L saddle bags so you can carry your own luggage;
- Ride insurance (for accidents only);
- Daily luggage transfer from hotel to hotel, from Lisbon to Sagres: 400EUR, for a group of up to 4 guests;
860 EUR per person (minimum booking of 2 pax)
How many people are required to book? We accept bookings for a minimum of 2 guests on our self-guided bike tours.
Do you require downpayment? When is the total payment due? We require a downpayment of 50% of the value of the tour upon booking. The remaining value us due 30 days before the start date of your tour.
What are the accepted payment methods?
We accept payment via Paypal and any other major credit/debit cards. Payment for all tours and rentals are made entirely upon booking, and online.
What's the correct bike size for me? Check out our bike size guide in the following link.
What's your cancellation policy for bike tours?
If you need to cancel or change your bike tour to unexpected circumstances, our cancellation policy follows below:
- Bike tour cancellation requested 120 days before tour:
100% of the value payed is refunded;
- Bike tour cancellation requested between 119 to 90 days:
60% of the value payed is refunded;
- Bike tour cancellation requested between 89 to 30 days:
50% of the value payed is refunded;
- Bike tour cancellation requested 29 days, or less, before the tour: